Tuesday, December 4, 2007

All dogs go to heaven!

So, today I went to the vet with my parents and they made the decision to put their beloved dog "pika" to sleep. It has been a difficult time for them for the past 2 weeks. They almost had to put her down about a week ago but she was able to live another week and then last night about 9pm she got worse and the time had come. "Pika" has been a great dog for them , and since they have no children together, she was like their child. With in the past year she has lost her hearing and she ended up having a mass in her stomach that had made her bloat up really bad. She looked like she was in a lot of pain. My step-dad Roy was so sad and I really felt bad for him because I know he loved that dog. I think it is going to take some time for them to be used to her not being at their heals looking for food, or trying to put her outside. She went very peaceful today when they injected her. I was glad I could be there to comfort them.
We know she will be in heaven with other family members.

No comments: